As I sit here surrounded by my family, contemplating the joys of the day and reliving of all my thanks, it is easy to be too simplistic. Too simplistic in my thanks. Too simplistic in my gratitude. Words can not express my profound appreciation for all that I have and the blessings around me.
Yup, the holidays bring out the sentiment in me....
Ok now on to the more interesting stuff. So many people have asked me what was on the Bitz Thanksgiving menu. I thought I'd share the menu (though admittedly it is not most exciting menu of my life).
I can share recipes with anyone interested although when cooking at home, I do not tend to follow them. Here it goes
Bitz Family Thanksgiving Dinner
- Apple and Butternut Squash Soup
- Apple and Ginger Smoked Turkey
- Five Cheese Scalloped Potatoes (Brie, Manchego, Gouda, Asiago, and Romano)
- Artisan Bread Pecan Bread Stuffing
- Green Bean Casserole (yes the very traditional one with Frenches onions - my dad's favorite)
- Orange Mango Cranberries
- Homemade Yeast Rolls
- Pumpkin Pie
- Traditional North Dakota Raspberry Kuchen (my husband's favorite)
I hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving with good food, beautiful tables capes, friend, family and a good dose of the outdoors.