Saturday, July 13, 2013

And so chronicling the journey begins

As I continue my entrepreneurial journey into the great outdoors, I made the conscientious  decision to chronicle the ups, downs and everything in between as I build Grasshaven Outdoor and continue to evangelize the idea that camping and the outdoors do not need to be dirty, lack comfort or forgo style.  Thus, I have recently launched dawnbitz.com and this blog as the venue to detail those trials and tribulations.  Hopefully with candor, humility, and gratitude (and maybe some funny stories along the way), it will help to inspire others to fearlessly trust, believe and let go, so that the right path will emerge for them.


For anyone who does not know me, my name is Dawn Bitz.  I am a mom.  I am a wife.  I am an entrepreneur of a stylish camping and RV housewares company called Grasshaven Outdoor.  I defected from corporate America, where I had a long standing senior level position.  One night, I had an epiphany.  An epiphany about stylish camping.  Two weeks later, I quit my job and Grasahaven was born.  I truly believe that when you are on the right journey (and unequivocally trust in that journey), opportunity opens up before you.  I think Oprah sums it up nicely when she said:


“I've come to believe that each of us has a personal calling that's as unique as a fingerprint - and that the best way to succeed is to discover what you love and then find a way to offer it to others in the form of service, working hard, and also allowing the energy of the universe to lead you. ” 


For me, some of the biggest gifts along the way has been the people with whom I have met over the course of this journey.  I could spend hours and countless blog posts about each and everyone of them.  The joy and learnings each has bestowed upon me and the gratitude I feel each day is unmeasurable.  One such person is Julie B.  She has been instrumental and inspiring in more ways than she knows.  I have the fortune of meeting with her tomorrow to discuss ways of sharing stylish camping and outdoor inspirations to help get the family outdoors together.  I know I will leave my meeting with her invigorated and with an affirmation that I am pursuing something I love.

And that is really what this journey is all about.


No comments:

Post a Comment